Sunday, January 9, 2011

Astronomy: What's Up in the Sky in January 2011

My astronomy club, The Temecula Valley Astronomers, begins each of our general meetings with a "What's Up" overview of the night sky. As of January 2011, I'll be giving the What's Up presentation. I've posted my first presentation given at our January meeting here: What's Up, Jan. 2011.

There are numerous references for current night sky information. So, I'm adding one more, which raises the question of why should I attempt to create something original. I hope to blend illustration with personal observation to make the night sky more accessible to those I reach in my community and the greater online community. And I hope to learn by being accessible to others.

Comments, questions, and criticism are welcome.

jg

Some highlights from What's Up for January 2011:





No comments: