Friday, July 8, 2016

My best photos continue to be accidents

In March 2016 I was photographing the constellation Orion and got this:


Obviously, the camera moved during the photo, its movement is hard to create. The movement was fast at first, creating thin, faint streaks, and then slowed creating ever thicker and finally stopped points. The motion was caused my the clutch on my camera mount slipping, but the slipping action was sudden followed by increasing braking. I'm not sure how to get my mount to slip and brake like this again for other photos, but I think cold weather will play apart.

Another accident from this trip is catching the morning sunrise through a stunning orographic cloud:


"Klaatu Barada Nikto," as they would say in The Day the Earth Stood Still.


And of course, catching meteors are always accidents. This one is from April 8:


jg

No comments: